1. When you’re feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up?
When I am feeling stressed out, I’ll often just drop everything I need to do and spend some time in my craft room by myself. That usually happens when I have TONS of stuff to get done, and then I end up staying up way too late the next night trying to catch up, but at least I feel better. Sewing is good therapy. It’s like repeatedly stabbing something, only more productive.
2. If you had to live in a different time period which would you prefer?
I guess I would choose a time period that was a LONG long time ago, just because it would be so different from the world now. I would totally be an adventurer, out discovering and exploring new lands. You can’t really do that these days, everywhere has already been discovered. And I would DEFINITELY have an awesome boat. Yup.
3. What is the most creative Halloween costume you’ve ever worn?
My favorite costume ever was the year I was pregnant with Juniper!! I glued a doll arm to a belt and wore it around my waist, then I cut a hole in a t-shirt so that the arm was sticking out and stuck a trick-or-treat bucket in it’s hand. I won “Most Creative” AND “Scariest” in the costume party at work, but the best part were all of the reactions when people saw it. HILARIOUS.
4. Five weird things about you we wouldn’t know without being told?
- I have this weird thing about not liking things when they are popular. Example: Harry Potter. When the first books came out, I read them and LOVED them and everyone gave me such a hard time about it because Harry Potter was for dorks. Then when everyone started being obsessed, I stopped liking them so much. I only just read the last two books a few months ago!
- I have extremely vivid dreams that I can control. Oh what? my house is burning down? It’s all good, I’ll just rewind the dream and stop that from happening. Once I had a dream that was SO weird that I just said “Um no I am DONE.” and woke myself up.
- I have always wanted to be good at archery. I used to practice in my back yard with a bow and arrows made from sticks and elastic bands. The first time I actually tried with a real bow, I shot myself in the finger. One of these days I’ll buy a nice bow and try again.
- There is a part of me that gets really disappointed when a cut doesn’t leave a scar. I don’t scar very easily though, there will be a mark for a couple of years and then they fade completely. I do have a pretty cool scar from when I smacked my head on my mom’s car door this past July. (That one hurt a TON.)
- When I was a kid I wanted to be either an ice cream man or Chuck Norris when I grew up.
5. What would you tell your 16-year-old self?
Stop trying so hard to be cool, you are awesome. Spend more time with the people you love, you might not always stay close. Your hair looks ridiculous… and clean your dang room, would ya?